Enterprises need a new type of Product Content Management (PCM) system that allows Marketing and Product management to play well together.
The Challenge for Product Content Management
Product Content Management (PCM) systems contain critical product data – SKU (Stock Keeping Unit), price, quantity – but don't include additional information required for taking products to market.
Keeping marketing materials updated with product information is complex and labor-intensive. Marketing departments often have to rewrite and manually bundle information for catalogs and brochures. And the need for multilingual descriptions, country-relevant images and repurposed copy for web or mobile channels makes the challenge ever greater.
Enterprises need to bridge the gap to get Product Supply Chain and Marketing Supply Chain working together with a solution that:
- Interconnects Product Management and Marketing quickly and efficiently into one centralized resource.
- Allows Product Managers to categorize and associate products in any way they choose.
- Makes simpler the creation of promotions, product texts, visuals, leaflets, movies, etc.
- Guarantees product consistency.
The Solution that improves Product Management & Marketing
ADAM Products provides an intelligent and effective solution to managing complex product information and marketing products effectively across the globe.
ADAM ensures better consistency and control of your product workflows through:
ADAM Enterprise Edition can be deployed to an unlimited number of users and includes full ADAM functionality. Corporate and Express Editions also exist for organizations with smaller licensing requirements.
- Centralized Product Information: Products manages all product information from within one centralized hub to interconnect and synchronize Product Management and Marketing teams.
- For any industry, any infrastructure, any market: With Products, users decide how to catalog and classify products and aspects of products such as color, size, regional variants, and associated documentation as well as the ability to manage data in terms of regions, seasons, channels etc.
- Global control: Products provides a product inheritance model enabling enterprises to centralize product management and cater for regional variation, including support for time-based product rollouts. This means fast updating of rapidly changing products.
- Intuitive workflows: ADAM helps streamline marketing workflows. It can trigger approval cycles to ensure marketing collateral is consistent, automatically notify local teams of changes in product information or request specific actions like changes to country catalogs.
- Scalable: Data stored centrally in ADAM can be modeled to the requirements of any product rollout: by region, product set, with localized text versions and images, channel-specific texts, etc. The platform is scalable to store any additional product-based information.
- Efficient input for effective output:The ADAM platform also offers add-on functionality to simplify key marketing tasks and power all marketing channels – building and automatically publishing catalogs or publishing for websites directly from ADAM's centralized product database.
The bottom line? ADAM makes creating, centralizing and retrieving multilingual assets in any file format a breeze.
A Europe-wide product launch
A European Product Manager is launching a new product and wants to give Country Product Managers the flexibility to adopt this product, localize descriptions and images, and classify the product in their local catalog.
The European Product Manager logs onto the master catalog in the ADAM PIM Studio where there’s a process flow reminder to fill in required data - product specific information held in specific data fields or links to images, documents, and SKUs. All data fields and relations can be configured in the setup, to enable the European Product Manager to define the marketed product and relate it to others.
As soon as this new product is saved in the database, notifications are automatically sent out to Country Product Managers that a new product has become available. Clicking on the To-Do List item brings up the details of this product and a single mouse-click allows users to adopt the product in their local catalog and inherit all appropriate related products and aspects at the same time.
Country Product Managers can then allocate this product in their local catalog structure, translate the data, and select images and text for their local market. Any additional region-specific aspects can be associated with the product - for example, different regional implementations of an additional safety feature.
The result – a master catalog and regional catalogs that are adapted to specific marketing and language requirements with assets and data drawn from centrally held enterprise system information.
ADAM Software - Frost & Sullivan 2011 Global Entrepreneurial
Company of the Year Award in DAM
ADAM Related Products
ADAM Software components and related products for Product Content Management
Components providing key functionality for Product Content Management are highlighted in red.
Please visit our website to read more about: